Welcome to a great health benefits idea.
Many business owners in Canada don't know that Private Health Services ("Health Spending Account") Plans are available to cover the out-of-pocket health expenses of their families and their employees by reimbursing eligible claims from their business.
These plans are available to every Canadian business, incorporated or not. Business owners, their employees and families can get economical comprehensive health coverage while enjoying substantial tax savings. They are an effective alternative to traditional premium-based health insurance plans - or can be used to "top-up" those plans.
Features of a Private Health Services (Health Spending Account) Plan:
- Incorporated businesses including contractors, consultants, tradesmen and professional corporations all qualify.
- Unincorporated sole proprietors or partnerships also qualify.
- There are no premiums because claims are paid by your business. Our 5% administration fee applies per claim - the lowest in Canada. Claimants pay for their health services personally and then get reimbursed.
- And because your business pays the cost of the PHSP/HSA claims these plans are 100% tax deductible.
- All reimbursements to employees are a tax-free benefit (except in Quebec).
- YOU control the cost of your plan by establishing an Annual Limit for each of your employees, so your business can budget effectively in advance.
- The eligible health services are much more extensive than with premium-based plans. They include almost every conceivable health service provided by a registered health professional. See What Is Covered?.